- Please review these two videos:
- Review this article on how you can be more engaging during video conferences.
- Know and test the technology to be used in advance
- Review 10 Tips for being a better virtual presenter
- Learn virtual meeting etiquette in this excellent post by Roy Sheppard
How to start screen sharing from slide in presentation mode
To look more professional to your attendees and to avoid sharing your entire computer screen to all attendees, follow these steps:
- Close all other applications you do not need during your presentation
- Start your presentation in full screen mode from PowerPoint or Google Slides. This will of course now put your video conferencing application like Zoom into the background.
- In order to find the screen share button again, hold down Command on a Mac or Alt on Windows and press the Tab key to switch between windows. Tap the tab key until the video conferencing tool is selected and let go of the Command (Mac) or Alt (Windows) key.
- Click the Screen Share button which will display all available windows to share as well as the entire screen. Select the window that displays your slides in presentation mode.
- Click Share.
- Use the same technique from step 3 to quickly bring your full screen slide into the foreground.