In your agenda data, it is possible for you to have several smaller "sessions" within one larger session. This is especially useful for individual presentations or abstract sessions. Working with EventPilot data, we call these "parent sessions" (which is the main session) and "subsessions" (which are the smaller presentation-style sessions contained within the main, or parent, session).
To set up:
- In your data spreadsheet, add sessions normally.
- You may designate certain sessions as subsessions by applying the session ID of the desired parent session to the Parent Session ID column, as exemplified below:
- NOTE: The parent session entry itself does NOT need anything in the Parent Session column.
- NOTE: Be sure that each subsession has a start and end time that falls within the start and end time of the parent session. Also, be certain that each subsession has a date and track identical to that of the parent session.
- In the app and planner itself, subsessions will be listed at the bottom of the parent session. At the bottom of each subsession, there will be a link back to the parent session.